Hire a Personal Chef for an Extraordinary Vacation
Vacationers who hire a personal chef generally don’t have the time, inclination, or ability to cook for themselves but do have the resources to find someone else do it for them. Why would you want to hire a personal chef on your next vacation?
Some people are stressed out by the time they get to their vacation home or are too busy with their family’s daily activity needs to add on cooking duties as well. There are those who intend to work a bit on their vacation, while others might just want to free up time so they can do other things instead of grocery shopping and cooking in the kitchen. Other holidaymakers might simply not want to go off their diet and gain weight or they become tired of the endless restaurant or take-out food runs. Finally, we have those who might not know how to cook and have no desire to learn or those who know how to cook very well but want to let someone else treat them to local cuisine. So it would seem, for those who fit under any of these categories, the question should be: Why not a personal chef?
Most vacation chefs cater their menus and ingredients to suit an individual’s preferences and budget so don’t be afraid to set limits and hire a chef on your own terms. If you love the thought of a personal chef in your vacation home but don’t want to have him or her in your house every day, then explore the option of hiring a chef to prepare multiple meals in advance. Services such as these design menus, do the shopping, and create a week’s worth of meals that can be stored in the kitchen. To keep things easy, this personal chef service even provides detailed instructions about how to heat everything on your own, and it might include a recipe or two.
Below are a few services a personal chef service can offer that will leave a big smile on your face:
- Customize the menus specifically for you and your family
- Do all the grocery shopping
- Buy only the freshest ingredients available
- Make delicious, healthy meals that you can look forward to eating on your own schedule
- Take into account any dietary and portion restrictions
- Cook meals that are always preservative-free
- Package and serve all materials conveniently
- Label meals for easy thawing and reheating
- Leave the kitchen sparkling clean
Each personal chef will bring something different to your table. Here are a few tips to help you decide which personal chef is right for your family:
- Interview before hiring. When deciding which personal chef to hire, it is important to go with one that shares the same values for you and your family. Before agreeing to personal chef services, research the backgrounds of your potential personal chefs and find out what inspired them to become chefs in the first place.
- Verify liability insurance. An important consideration is to make sure that the chef in question has liability insurance as well as a food handlers card. Also follow up with references and ask for a sample menu to determine if the service will be a good fit for your needs.
- Value involvement in professional chef organizations. Ask your prospective chefs if they are members of any professional organizations. The ones that are demonstrate not only that they are committed to a strong culinary standard and continuing education, but that they are aware of the latest trends in the culinary world.
Personal chef services can be found in almost any city, anywhere in the world. Here are a few companies that specialize in providing personal chefs.
In-Home Dining by Marie (Houston, TX)
A Posto Personal Chef Services LLC (Oregon Coast)
Paradizo (Available in the Caribbean, Europe, and Long Island)
Chef Sherrill Staycations (Orange Beach, Alabama)