Taste of Fillmore Street
Fillmore Street will be showing itself off again on October 15th, with the third annual Taste of Fillmore event. Visitors can cruise down Fillmore between Jackson and Post from 3 to 6 PM, tasting the delicious bites, drinks, and sites (tasting with the eyes, of course) that Fillmore Street has to offer.
Shop owners will be opening their doors and offering goodies like skin consultations, discounts, raffle prizes, and sidewalk fashion shows. There will be live jazz music to add to the festivities.
As if that wasn’t sweet enough already, Taste just so happens to fall on my birthday. Come out to help a party girl celebrate in true San Francisco fashion.
Participants and perks will include:
- Zinc Details: showcasing a home living vignette and serving KOKOMO wine
- Jurlique: raffling a basket worth $200 and giving complimentary samples
- Gallery of Jewels: serving wine and raffling off $100 worth of jewelry
- DOSA: delicious bites and Spice Route cocktails
- Kiehl’s: samples, skin consultations, and hors d’oeuvres by La Med
- Renaissance Salon: complimentary product demos and styling
- Eileen Fisher: serving refreshments and a drawing
- Salon Yuni: serving bites and a $10 gift certificate
- BoConcept: showcasing a home-living vignette and serving Terra Savia Organic wines and hors d’oeuvres
- Design Within Reach: showcasing a home living vignette and serving wine from Verge Syrah
- Fraiche: offering yogurt tastings
- Paolo Shoes: serving wine and champagne
- Limu: putting on a Peter Cohen trunk show and serving canapés and Gloria Ferrer champagne
- Heidi Says Shoes: serving pizza and wine from Dino’s and raffling off a $75 gift certificate
- Timeless Treasures: offering a 10 percent discount
- Thomas Reynolds Gallery: closing reception for “Theophilus Brown: An Artful Life” exhibit
- Betsey Johnson: offering a 10 percent discount and serving champagne
- Hi Ho Silver: serving wine and hosting a $100 raffle
- The Shade Store: serving refreshments and wine, raffling $500 worth of goods, and offering free samples, catalogs, and tote bags
- Benefit Cosmetics: hosting a raffle for a private beauty bash for 10 women
- Toujours: serving refreshments, raffling a $75 gift certificate, and putting on a fashion show celebrating 25 years
- Crossroads Trading: raffling off a $25 gift certificate
- Black Fleece: raffling off a Thom Browne bag designed exlusively for Black Fleece
As if that wasn’t awesome enough, wineries will be pouring at the different shops as well.
Notably, Terra Savia, made by Jim Milone at Sanel Valley Vineyards, will be pouring their delicious organic wines. Jim is a wino after my own heart. “Producing organic wines is better for the small piece of the planet that we get to take care of,” he said. “Well-made wine in general is a pretty natural and healthy beverage.” Good for the planet AND my body? Count me in…
VERGE winery will be serving Syrah from a similar vein of vineyard, one which is organic and biodynamic. Keeping it local, Gloria Ferrer will be pouring champagne made just 40 miles north of our own fabulous city. Erik Miller’s KOKOMO wine will also be served. YUM.
Tickets are a fantastic deal at just $20 a pop. Luckily for you, they can be purchased here.